BeSafe Publisher's Description
How does it work?
Unlike MemoPad and other data-entry applications, BeSafe keeps its data encoded with a secret code (password). The decoding password is only in your head and therefore could not be hacked even by having physical possession of the device itself. And by using one of the strongest encryption algorithms in the word - the RIJNADEL encryption algorithm - you know that with BeSafe your sensitive information is in safe hands.
Current BeSafe owners can download the updated version here!
- Allows you to remember only one password and easily lookup any other.
- No option to "hack" the program - the only unlocking key is in your head; every other entered key would simply display garbage.
- Uses the extremely strong Advanced Encryption Standard (read facts)
- Easy to operate, interface similar to MemoPad
- Data could organized in different categories.
- Configurable automatic program shutdown for improving security
- Under development: centralized data propagation server (for enterprises)
- Free* updates for registered users.
A few useful notes regarding data protection:
It is a known fact that the weakest part of any security system is usually the human factor. Here are a few advices you may find valuable:
- Never choose a password that can be easily related to you, such as a birth date or a name of relative;
- Never write down your password on a yellow note or in a text file on your desktop ;-)
- The longer your password is, the higher protection you will get. Choose wisely between convenience and protection; we recommend at least 4 characters;
- Every protection is a knife with two edges; make sure you really remember your password, because if you lose it, you will lose your data too.
*Conditions apply: minor application updates will be free, the company reserves the right to charge for major upgrades.
Version 2.0 (02/21/2002, free upgrade)
- Support for the new WebLogin feature of BeSafe PE for Windows 2.0
- Classification of data records: Memos and WebLogin (read only, data provided during manual website login configuration)
- PalmOS 5.0 compatibility checked: while impossible to guarantee PalmOS 5.0 compatbility before any device running 5.0 is announced, the program was brought to compliance with the latest compatibility requirements and is expected to work flawlessly on the new devices running 5.0
- Fix: The category of the record being viewed/edited cannot be deleted.
- Fix: Changes to a record are automatically saved when record is closed.
Version 1.22 (01/28/2002, free upgrade)
- Coloring records and categories lists added (available on color devices).
- Bug in Preferences screen fixed (thanks to Mr. Jean-Claude COHEN, email@example.com).
- Bug in ordering records fixed.
Version 1.21 (1/2/2002, free upgrade)
- New: "All" category selection added to the main screen;
- Fix: Selected record in Find Results screen is opened for viewing/editing instead of only selecting it in the main screen;
- Fix: Find dialog shows message "No results found." instead of switching to empty search results screen;
- Fix: Bugs in Edit Categories screen fixed (thanks to Alan Jay Weiner, firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Fix: Bug in main screen fixed - the menu Record | Find was not responding.
Version 1.2 (10/23/01, free upgrade)
- Find function added for searching records;
- Ability to change the category of existing record added;
- User interface changes in main screen - tap opens record, "Delete" button moved to the record editing screen;
- Option to clear the clipboard contents upon program exit;
- Reload Category and Reload Record commands added;
- Delete Record dialog saves/uses the "Save Archive Copy" checkbox state;
- Hard buttons scroll support added to the Records (the main screen), View/Edit Record and Edit Categories dialog;
- Bug causing garbage characters to appear in content field after entering with "wrong" password fixed;
- Error causing beep on every keystroke fixed.
Version 1.1 (9/3/01, free upgrade)
- Conduit synchronization support added.
- When deleting a record an option to save an archive copy on the Desktop is no available.
- When deleting a category, if contains record(s) it will be archived on the Desktop. A category will be deleted if there are no records in it, only.
- When BeSafe is entered with "incorrect" password a category with records in it cannot be deleted (in version 1.0 this was possible, making the records completely inaccessible even with the "correct" password).
Look for Similar Items by Category